Thursday, January 1, 2009

WORST OF 2008

Man this list was a lot harder to put together than the 10 best. There just seemed like so many worthy candidates for this one. But I had to narrow it down to just 10 and here is what I came up with. I tried to keep it just theatrical movies so Pulse 2 and Lake Placid 2 and shit won't be here, although they damn well deserve to be.


10 Worst Movies of 2008

10.Madagascar Escape 2 Africa

Never thought I would hate this one as much as I did. It almost escaped the bottom 10 but wasn't quite lucky enough. This is lazy on every level, except the somewhat decent animation. The script is terrible, the voice acting sounds like everyone is bored and the whole thing screams cash grab. This movie angered me with it's awfulness and kids deserve a lot fucking better than this dreck.



9.Over Her Dead Body

Another oldie. I couldn't remember how much I hated this one until the memory returned that we had to shut it off and my girlfriend refused to watch the rest, leaving me to watch it alone. Aside from it's retarded name and premise, I still don't get what the fuck Paul Rudd was doing here. I remember seeing him in interviews before it came out and was sure he sounded disinterested. They must have had some dirt on him because wow, I can now see why. Throw in one of the dumbest twists ever (one that is stolen from There's Something About Mary anyway) and you have yourself the ninth worst movie of the year.



8.Fool's Gold

Fool's Gold tried to be a romantic comedy and a classic adventure movie rolled into one. Well, it sucked at being either of those things. Adding another pile of shit to a pair of resumes already oozing them, Matthew McCounahgheywas and Kate Hudson give us another reason to wonder why they keep getting work. I've never seen more attention paid to a story that was frankly never worth telling in the first place. 10 straight fucking minutes of backstory and exposition?! This movie has more plot explanation than every James Bond villian combined I think. Just an awful, awful movie.


7.Prom Night

This movie is the epitome of everything that is wrong with the horror genre these days. It's lazy and generic, yet it rakes in money. What the fuck is wrong with everyone? This movie inspired one of my only rants, that's how awful it is. The lamp jump scare will forever rank as one of the worst moments of my movie going life since not only did it happen, but people fell for it! Read my review for this one, I'm kind of proud of it.


6.Star Wars The Clone Wars

It wasn't easy to make a movie I disliked more than the prequels but here it is. So kid friendly it was nauseating, this takes the Star Wars name, pisses on it, kicks it in the face, rapes it, and leaves it to die in a ditch.



5.College Road Trip

This movie is 90 minutes of people shouting at you. To make matters worse, they think it's hilarious. It's a trial to sit through this movie. They even throw a musical number at you in case their movie wasn't terrible enough. Martin Lawrence....please just, just leave us alone. We didn't do anything wrong to deserve this! Just leave us alone!!!!



4.Mad Money

Apparently Katie Holmes turned down Dark Knight for this one. Hopefully she hired someone to kick her in the head every time she tries to make stupid fucking decisions like that again. I barely remember this movie except I know I hated it. At least it can be forgotten, that's the only positive thing I can say about this one.


3.Witless Protection

Worse than I ever could have imagined. People have defended this movie on the internet but I have to assume those posts are being made when they are on their break from drooling on themselves and yelling at birds. I can't believe this movie really exists. Enough people got behind it so that it got made. This is the movie that makes failing screenwriters want to kill themselves.



2.American Carol

All the terrible parody humour you're used to, plus a political arrogance to boot. Painfully unfunny with an agenda that I just can't get behind, this one is epic in it's awfulness. However it still can't even come close to number 1....



the worst movie of 2008.....








1.Meet the Spartans/Disaster Movie

I was going to divide these up but come on, they both deserve the top spot. They're both made by the same guys and they are both SOOOOO bad. Granted I would say DM is the worst of the two but MTS is still like having a dog munch on your testicles. These 2 movies have my longest reviews because I couldn't stop my hatred from flowing out of me. Thankfully I don't think they have another movie lined up at least. This year we may have seen the rise and death of Aaron and Jason and if not....well then hopefully someone just kills them.

Honourable Mentions: How She Move, College, Babylon AD, Meet the Browns, The Women, Strange Wilderness, 88 Minutes, Made of Honor, The Happening, Meet Dave, The Love Guru, What Happens in Vegas, Hottie and the Nottie, Bangkok Dangerous, Deception, My Best Friend's Girl, Beverly Hills Chihuahua



So that's it, the worst movies of the year. I'm sure some of the movies I missed would have a chance at this but I think I saw all the worst ones. If ever confronted with someone who wants you to watch one of these movies with them, simply throw acid in their eyes, and run the fuck away.


HAPPY '09 EVERYONE!



No comments: